The practice was established c.1900 in premises on the corner of Priory Avenue in Caversham. In 1985 the surgery moved to custom-built premises in Hemdean Road, as the old house was too small to allow the expansion and standard of services which we wanted to provide for our patients. Centrally situated within walking distance of the shopping centre, the surgery is well served by several local bus routes.
Today, the practice is run as a partnership between eight of our doctors. The practice includes 8 partners, 3 salaried GPs, 7 nurses and a community health team. We have been a training practice for many years and have an enthusiastic and friendly team who provide a high standard of clinical care, and are constantly improving existing services and developing new ones. From time to time the practice therefore also has two Registrars undergoing GP training.